Leadership team will be discussing Fortunate Farms Event
Paula Cohen will present 2020 Census topics
Senator Mike McGuire will present State Assembly news.
Where are you going to watch the Democratic Presidential Debates?
Start a Watch Party at your house.
Invite a few folks.
Make some popcorn. Make some ice tea.
There will be 12 candidates on stage
- Former Vice President Joe Biden
- New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker
- South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg
- Former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julián Castro
- California Sen. Kamala Harris
- Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders
- California billionaire Tom Steyer
- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren
- Entrepreneur Andrew Yang
- Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard
Seven candidates did not meet the threshold:
- Author and activist Marianne Williamson
- Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet
- Montana Gov. Steve Bullock
- Former Maryland Rep. John Delaney
- Miramar, Florida, Mayor Wayne Messam
- Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan
- Former Pennsylvania Rep. Joe Sestak
The lesser-known candidates haven’t had standout moments yet
The Democratic field has slimmed in the past month; New York Mayor Bill de Blasio has dropped out, as has former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, who has now decided he will challenge Republican Sen. Cory Gardner in the Colorado Senate race instead. Rep. Seth Moulton dropped out, as did Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, who has instead been elevated as Democratic candidates’ climate guru.
Club to discuss presidential candidate forum.
Inland Mendocino Democratic Club Agenda
DATE: Thursday, October 10, 2019
PLACE: Slam Dunk Pizza, 720 N State St, Ukiah, CA 95482
- Call to order /Welcome
2. Revision and approval of agenda
- Public Comment and Announcements
(Non-agenda items, 3 minutes max)
- Review/Approve September 12 Minutes
- Chair’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Old Business
- · Pumpkinfest (Tony)
- · Identify leaders and co-chairs for each of our teams: Events, Outreach, Elections, Leadership, Communications.
- Team Reports
- “Good of the Order”
- Next meeting